Can Swimming Pool Chemicals Poison A Dog?
My dog (approx. 47 lbs) was swimming in a pool today. He seems really tired. Could he be ill due to the pool chemicals? (Christina - Florida)
It is unlikely that a swimming pool which has not made any of the people who were also using it ill would make your dog ill as long as he wasn't drinking too much of the water. In most cases dogs take every measure to avoid drinking it since they don't like the taste.
In any case where drinking too much of the water would make him ill, there would be such symptoms as vomiting and loose feces. This does not rule out the possibility that something unexpected could happen (e.g. a specific reaction to one of the chemicals), but I think it seems more likely that your dog is in fact, very tired!
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Dog bites our other dog unexpectedly
- Teaching a German Shepherd to Play
- Feeding your dog before hunting?
- Timid Papillon Needs Training
- Dog keeps pooping in the house even after long walks outside
- Dog Depression
- Brining a new dog into a household with a cat
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter