Can Human Laxatives Be Used On My Dog?
Do you know of a good natural dog laxative? Can I give my dog human laxatives in smaller dose? How about caster oil? (Jeffrey Walsh - New York)
You should never give dogs medication intended for human consumption or vice versa. There as surprising differences between the two's physiology, and not least between the grade of ingredients used for the different medications. Also, giving your dog a laxative without the consultation of a vet may be missing the problem. Without alarming you there are a number of reasons why your dog might be constipated, some more serious than others. However, if you really want to use a home-remedy, I would suggest vegetable oil, sunflower oil or olive oil.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Dogs that Donít Shed
- Do Cats and Dogs Get Colds?
- How are Pets Euthanized?
- The Benefits, Breeds and History of Hairless Dogs
- How Serious is Intervertebral Disk Disease for Dogs?
- Dog Safety Tips for Families
- Pet Supplements and Vitamins
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter