Caring For An Albino Dog
I've just acquired a 6-week old albino boxer. Do albino boxers (or any albino dog) require any special care? I have an albino friend (human) and I know she must be ultra careful with her skin, her eyes, etc. And I wonder if any of this applies to dogs too. (Ricardo Lopez - Mexico)
Are you sure that your new dog really is an albino and not just a white-haired boxer? If you are, then albino animals require all of the precautions that humans do. Make sure that she is protected from extreme sunlight - both for her eyes and her skin. I would suggest visiting a vet to enquire about the best course of action.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Brining a new dog into a household with a cat
- Housebreaking Reversal
- Dog Anxiety and Fear
- Irritated scrotum in German Shepard
- Calming my dog while grooming?
- I just realized my puppy had fleas, what should I do?
- What Breed is my Dog?
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter