This item has been shown 66 times.
This imposing figurine was originally created in 1914 by Royal Copenhagen's talented Peter Herold. Modeled as an alert bird of prey with an eye on the countryside, it is wonderfully realistic. Overall, the painting is quite fine and mellowand follows closely the pattern and color done on the bird when it was first produced. Talons dug into a grassy knoll (or stump), the bird, including the base, is 16.25" tall. It is in fine condition, with no chips, cracks or repairs. It is, however, a factory second by reason of the painter somehow getting a very small dab of misplaced paint on the tip of the falcon's beak (shown in the closeup head photo).This is a wonderful figurine: it looks grand anywhere, but is especially dramatic whendisplayed on a high vantage point. It is dated 1964, and looks very young for its age. This is a heavy piece, and of course will be very well packed, so the weight shown is simply a "guesstimate". If you offer on and win thisgrand bird, DO wait for my invoice, which will show and accurate charge for mailing.
** PLEASE READ THIS!! **
NEW IMPROVED FINE PRINT
1) IF YOU ARE A WINNING buyer, DO WAIT FOR MY INVOICE WHICH I WILL SEND AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT PAY THE AMOUNT DUE FOR POSTAGE AS GENERATED BY THE SYSTEM. IF YOU DO, YOU MAY BE PAYING TOO MUCH POSTAGE. OR POSSIBLY TOO LITTLE! THIS WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO ONE OR THE OTHER OF US… SO DO WAIT. PLEASE!!!!
2) I CAN WAIT FOR THE END OF A FEW sales IF YOU ARE offerDING IN THEM. TRANSLATION: I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO PACK SEVERAL ITEMS OF A REASONABLE SIZE TOGETHER TO REDUCE POSTAL COSTS.
3) PLEASE PAY PROMPTLY UPON RECEIPT OF MY INVOICE. IT WILL HAVE A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO THE WINNER. THIS WILL DISTINGUISH IT FROM AN GENERATED INVOICE.
4) IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT PAY PROMPTLY, THAT IS, WITHIN 3 DAYS, DO CONTACT ME. AT LEAST I’LL KNOW YOU HAVE GOTTEN AN INVOICE AND WE CAN PROBABLY WORK SOMETHING OUT.
5) NOTE: I DO NOT MAIL THINGS TO ITALY. IF YOU ARE AN ITALIAN buyer, AND HAVE RELATIVES OR FRIENDS IN THE U.S., PLEASE SUPPLY ONE OF THEIR ADDRESSES AS A SHIPPING ADDRESS.
5b) RUSSIA: I WILL MAIL ITEMS TO RUSSIA, BUT BE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THIS CAN TAKE LONGER THAN TO SOME OTHER OVERSEAS COUNTRIES DUE TO THE FACT THAT ITEMS SENT TO RUSSIA MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE POST OFFICE PERSONALLY AND CANNOT BE PICKED UP BY A MAIL CARRIER. IT IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO DELIVER THESE PROMPTLY.
6) OTHER INTERNATIONAL buyers ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN IN THE FRAY. HOWEVER, I REGRET THAT IN sales OFFERING FREE SHIPPING I CANNOT OFFER THAT SERVICE TO BUYERS OVERSEAS. SORRY!! IT JUST GETS TOO DEAR…
7) AS A ONE PERSON OPERATION, I PACK AND MAIL AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. NOT HAVING ACCESS TO A TRANSPORTER AND UNABLE TO BEAM YOUR PURCHASE TO YOU MEANS THAT THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE AN INSTANTANEOUS PROCESS.IT DOES TAKE A BIT OF TIME FOR AN OBJECT TO MOVEFROM ONE AREA OF THE COUNTRY/WORLD TO ANOTHER. I WILL CONTACT THE WINNING buyer THE DAY THEIR PACKAGE IS DELIVERED TO THE POST OFFICE.
8) IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION ON AN ITEM IN sale, OR WOULD LIKE MORE PHOTOS, LET ME KNOW. I CAN SEND PHOTOS VIA YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, BUT NOT THROUGH 'S MESSAGING WHICH DOESN'T AT THIS TIME ALLOW HTML.
WITH ENOUGH INFORMATION EXCHANGED THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED FOR RETURNS.
***ALL THE ABOVE HAVING BEEN SAID AND DONE, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ IT AND IF YOU offer, GOOD LUCK! ***