Balinese or Siamese/Himalayan??

Home Community Cat Breeding & Breeds Balinese or Siamese/Himalayan??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Timea 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Timea

I have got mixed opinions on what breed my cat, Lily, is. The agency I bought her from said she is a siamese/himalayan. A cat expert friend of mine said she is ragdoll mix but pictures I’ve seen online doing research make me think that she is a balinese. Her tail & legs are the same color as her face. In the 3rd picture her head is tucked under her in a weird way so can’t really see it. I just added that picture so her legs & tail are visible…I just want to know what my little girl is! 🙂 HELP!!!

Click on any picture to see full size:

Catherine

i checked out the balinese cat i was curious and had never heard of one before i think your cat looks like one but i will admit i am no cat breed expert and from what i could gather it is a type of siamese cat the site did mention ragdolls and himalayans saying that they do look simalar mainly do due to coloring but that they are in a differant breed of cat not in the same family im not totally sure what type of cat she is but she is beautiful regardless

Frances

Yes, I know, your post is hold. Anyway…
    Dang, hard call. The Balinese and Himalayan are very similar.
    Balinese are listed as long-haired Siamese cats, and one of your pictures shows a longer nose on your cat.
    Some Himalayans have more pushed-in noses, and Himalayans are actually a Persian/Siamese cross.
    If your cat’s noses has a distinct Siamese look, it’s probably Balinese.
    Maybe you can email the pictures to a couple of breeders, and ask their opinion.

Joanna

With out papers it will never be set in stone, but your girl looks like a long haired Siamese.

Jessica

I apologize for such a late reply (considering how the most recent response was from 2009) but I was Googling Siamese/Himalayan mixes and stumbled upon this. My cat looks practically IDENTICAL to yours. I’ve been told he is a Himalayan but as he’s getting older I’ve noticed non-Himalayan characteristics, such as longer legs and smaller paws than what’s expected of a Himalayan.
    At first I thought he was a Balinese, since he is long-haired, but the true way to deduce whether or not your cat may be a Balinese is by the tail. A distinct trait of the Balinese breed is the plumed tail; if your cat does not have a plumed tail, then she is not a Balinese. Historically speaking, the Balinese breed started as merely a long-haired Siamese so either way your cat is probably part Siamese.
    I’ve included some photos of my kitten so that you can compare. I cannot tell from your photos what kind of tail your cat has, but I know for sure mine is not Balinese because his tail is not plumed.

Click on any picture to see full size:

joseph

balinese. three years later…

Timea

Oh wow she really does look like my Lily! & yes, Lily is now a little over 2 yrs old with a full-plumed tail. Definitely a Balinese! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.