rabbit had a baby and abandoned it!!!

Home Community Rabbits rabbit had a baby and abandoned it!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 20 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jess1987

my rabbit has had just the one baby and abandoned it. we are hand rareing it but we are unsure how many times a day it needs to be fed des anyone know please help. at the moment it is just 4 hours old and nearly gort killed by it’s mum but is rather lively at the moment.

Karen

The kit will need to be fed about every two hours or more since there is no solid milk replacer for rabbit’s milk. Rabbit milk is very rich and does only needs to nurse a few times a day for the kits to get what they need. Humans have yet to reproduce it accurately which means far more feedings. However, does someone have a doe with a litter that you could foster the kit to? When I was breeding rabbits (English Angoras and Americal Fuzzy Lops) I would breed a litter of each so if something happened to kits in one litter I had a second doe I could foster some to. This page may be a help… http://islandgems.net/handfeeding.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.