My bunny has orange urine???

Home Community Rabbits My bunny has orange urine???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 20 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Karen

Rabbit urine color can range from pale to orange-y in color. ?Some has to do with how things are being metabolized. ?It is probably caused by some form of plant pigment (does nto have to be from yellow plants either, many green veggies have beta carotene as well) or something else in the diet and may not be a problem at all. ?White urine can be indicative of high calciumin the diet. However, if your rabbit is a female, it may not be urine but a bloody discharge that could be indicative of something else. ?However, this is pretty rare. But if it persists and the urine does not have any other color, it may not be a bad idea to rule out one of the things hat can cause discharge for your own peace of mind (especially if she is not spayed and is an older female). Human urine can also have a variety of colors based on how concentrated it is (darker yellow can be a sign of dehydration, very pale to no color can be a sign of too much fluid at that point), have you ever notived a color change to darker yellow after eating certain foods or taking a multivitamin? Most likely the color is due to something in the diet being higher in beta carrotene.

Bunnylover2

I have three rabbits, one of which I purchased about 2 weeks ago. Ever since he’s been home his urine is orange. He doesn’t have any orange treats, food, or toys. Does anyone know why this is?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.