PETA

This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Donna 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Kit

I totally support PETA!!! I was wondering how everyone else feels aboout that organization.

Kurt

I am a hunter and will never support the organization you are talking about.
    When become a true vegetarian and do not wear anything made with leather and such then talk.

PETA to me stands for People Eating Tasty Animals

deborah

I do not support cruelty to animals, but I like hamburgers, chicken, fish, and I love my leather sofa! I really don’t know what to think about PETA. I think cruel research is horrid, but if there’s a cure for cancer, aids…and it might be found in time by experimenting with animals then so be it. I support PETA to a point. But I’ll continue to eat meat, eggs, dairy products…so I don’t know if this is really supporting PETA or not. I think PETA has helped with the cruelty to animals, but when they say cruelty to animals you have to think of cow, lamb, chicken… and they’re being slaughtered by the millions. As good as they taste killing is killing, it’s cruel to kill anything, and I think PETA will take things to the extreme which I don’t support.

Elisabeth

dreamhunter65, who are you, Ted Nugent?
    Kidding aside, There is no excuse in the world for being cruel to an animal. A good hunter (which I assume you are) goes for a quick kill and hates for an animal to lay there and suffer. That said, I love to eat meat. But if I had to go out and kill it myself I would have to be vegetarian.

Kurt

I do not believe in animal cruelty either that is why do pet rescue also..Yes quick clean kill is #1 to us real hunters..Peta makes everything look bad though. I have done mercy killings of deer and used my kill tag on a small animal as got hit by car had busted leg because it was the only ethical thing I could do and I will not waste game. I also have shot pets that have been hit by cars (not mine) that would took 20 minutes to nearest vet to be put down as I will not let them suffer. I have been to slaughter houses and seen PETA video’s also and they are not the same. So you cannot believe everything you see that PETA sends out. In my eyes PETA would do more good if not attack hunters and such or farmers who make a living selling animals to feed us all.

Elisabeth

dreamhunter65 – You are obviousy a good person. I got a cat out of the road who had been hit by a car. Her back was broken and all her teeth were broken. She was hurting so bad she could hardly find the strength to cry.
    Even if I had had a gun with me, I most likely couldn’t muster the courage to shoot it. I took it to the vet to be put down. The image of her and the sound of her cries are still haunting. So, I do admire you. You are alot more courageous than I am.

Lucy

I don’t like anything about PETA. They profess to be on the side of animals, yet they have done harm so many times that the group is more a force for evil than good. They have taken dogs illegally from facilities. In one instance, homes had been found for the animals but, rather than allowing them to stay in cages and be placed, PETA members murdered them. Their members have destroyed labs and years of valuable research, and their ultimate goal is to eliminate dogs and other animals who "work" aiding humans (i.e., seeing eye dogs, search and rescue dogs, "helper" monkeys, horses, etc.). Their ideal is to have no one own or have custody of an animal. In other words, their goal is to empty the cages…and empty our lives…of the animals we love.

Kit

How do you all know for fact these facts are true? I say you check out these sites:
    http://www.peta.org
    http://www.peta2.com
    they have links to tons of other informative websites.

Mikki

Theres a huge difference between animal welfare organizations and animal RIGHTS organizations. Peta is animal rights – they actually believe that animals should not be kept as pets and that animals should not be spayed/neutered. Weird……. And The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is in bed with PETA, only they operate under a name that makes them sound benign.

Tonya

No one is talking about the ASPCA? I think all the big name animal rights/anti cruelty have their pros and cons and unfortunately, their closet skeletons. During the major pet food recall, I contacted Peta and the ASPCA about recipes to make my own dog food. Peta didn’t respond, and the ASPCA suggested I feed a "high quality food like Iams", even though Iams was recalled. I love any effort to educate the public about animal welfare, but I feel no organization is perfect.

Lucy

Check out information about the recent PETA trial and you may see that group in a whole different light. The link below is just one of many sources backing up my last post.

Jan

Funny dreamhunter…that’s exactly how my fiance, also an avid hunter, refers to PETA.
    PETA is a bunch of lunatics. If it were up to them our country would be overrun by millions of starving deer and small game animals, wild dogs and feral cats. We wouldn’t be able to leave the house…but the animals would be free!
    They take tame animals from shelters and kill them. How exactly is that standing up for animal rights?
    I think the OP better do some real research before professing love for PETA on a pet forum.

John

I have a problem with peta. I believe that they have a wonderful cause and are very passionate about it. However, I do believe that they take there cause way beyond extream. The group that I support is the aspca. I have actually called them for advise and to report what i percieve to be animal abuse. In all instances they were very friendly and willing to help.
    Peta on the other hand, I just can’t get behind. It is my belief that the tactics that they use are just way too extream. They could get more support if they could just tone it down. That being said, peta has made comanies think twice about animal testing and other things. Because they are not afraid to get in your face about anything.

Bryan

peta is a bit to militant for me. they use way to many scare tactics to be considered a legit group

pamela

ehat do you mean with scare tactics ??? someone also listed: extreme…. why do you thin that? just curious…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.