Brighten Farms

Home Community Small Pets Brighten Farms

This topic contains 60 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rachel 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Kathie

DITTO THAT!!I PD FOR 2 FLYING SQUIRRELS FOR MY GRANDAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY—–PLUS A HUGE $250.00 CAGE WHICH NOW SITS EMPTY AT MY HOUSE TAKING UP SPACE!!HAD TO GO OUT & BUY SOMETHING ELSE–TALK ABOUT GOING BROKE!!SHE HAD THE AUDACITY TO ASK ME FOR THE BALANCE AFTER BBB CONTACTED HER—SHE ASSURED THEM I WOULD GET THE 2 BABIES THAT WERE ALMOST READY TO SEND!!!SO SHE ACTUALLY GOT THAT FROM ME BECAUSE BBB ALSO WROTE ME SO I FIGURED SHE WAS CORNERED & HAD TO DO IT!SUCH A MEAN PERSON!!!!!KITKAT 1

Bob

Oh yes she is a very pathological liar. Can’t you tell with all of the forums on her. She doesn’t gloat about it at work because she thinks we don’t know the truth about her. I hate working with her so I can’t even imagine having to deal with her about money. I hope very much so that everyone can get their money back. She could care less if she took your money. She feels not guilty at all. Believe me!! Keep us updated!!

Kathie

I HOPE SHE DOESN`T HAVE ANY MORE ANIMALS AT ALL!!!I GET A PERIODIC UPDATE ON HER "LIQUIDATION" SALE—FOX, COONS,ETC—MAKES ME WANT TO CRY! HOPE SHE NEVER HAS AN ANIMAL UNDER HER CARE AGAIN!!!IS SHE A DRUGGY??WHERES ALL THE MONEY GO—UP HER NOSE????? KITKAT1

Rebecca

How did you find out the truth about her? Did you put the pieces together, or find out about her online? Did she used to talk about her business at all at work? Has she been living off our money, I wonder? I heard one of the places she kept was filthy and the animals looked bad…wish I’d have found that one before I sent her my money.
    I’m with the other gal, too–fixed up the cage (we’d had a squirrel before), ordered the special formula and all the requirements. My son was so broken-hearted, he saved up, bought a new cage and rescued 2 ferrets. So, that was not without cost, either. Add that onto what we paid her, and we’re out quite a bundle.

Bob

I never can trust her at work so I decided to look her up on the internet. She doesn’t talk about her business at all. I am so sure your money was spent long, long time ago. She is filthy at work and I have heard some of the comments of people of where she used to live. I hope she gets what she deserves!!

Bob

Have you heard from the attorney general’s office? I was just wondering if the info helped in anyway.

Rebecca

Well, when I gave them the new contact info, they expressed gratitude for the info. Since then, nothing. I believe they’re working on it. If there’s any new news, they should let us know.
    Everyone-be sure to keep in contact with the BBB IN with any unresolved issues, plus IN State Attny. General’s Office. Encourage any others she’s scammed to keep at it! Fraud and theft are not nice!! At the very least….

Kathie

THEY CALLED ME THE OTHER DAY TO MAKE SURE I HAD NOT BEEN REIMBURSED ANY MONIES (BBB) SAID THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT?CAN YOU GIVE ME ATTORNEY GENERALS FAX & EMAIL? THANKS, KITKAT1

Bob

I was just wondering if you heard of anything yet. At work she always complaining about all the bills she has to pay so I was just wondering maybe some of them were for you all. I would keep calling them until you get your money back.

Rebecca

Indiana State Attny. General’s Office may be obtained online. Every time I try and post info about an email or website or other contact info, this site won’t let me due to forum rules. I’m sorry-you’ll have to google for it.

Bob

Has anyone been able to get their money back? She is such a liar and I just can’t hardly work with her. Once her bosses found out about how she is, hopefully they real realize what a liar she is and very unresponsible.

Rebecca

Nope. I’ve gotten nothing. No new news or info, except that the BBB of Indiana said, "well, we’ve changed the status of your case to ‘unresolved’ and shut it."
    No money, no refund, etc. I’m going to have my husband phone her at work one day. I tried once, but she wasn’t there.
    From what I can tell, I have been lied to numerous times–and not received my money back and it’s been a year.

Bob

I can’t believe they are just going to shut your case. She has took some many peoples money that it is ridiculous that nothing is going to be done at it. Keep calling her at work. She works 2nd shift and is off on Tuesdays. I would keep calling and calling until she refunds your money. Tell her boss about her oweing you money. Let me know what happens and if you get a hold of her.

Rebecca

The latest news on "Brighten Farms"/ Melonie Buchanan–
    The Indiana State Attny. General’s office recently sent me a packet of information. They filed a suit against Melonie Buchanan on behalf of several people she has defrauded, my family included.
    The judge ruled against Brighten Farms/Melonie Buchanan. The Attny. General’s office will attempt to collect the funds owed us on our behalf from Ms. Buchanan via their collections dept. We will probably never see that money, unfortunately, but at least fewer people have the chance to be ripped off by her. And kudos to Indiana for taking a stand.

Bob

I am so happy something might be done about her now. She so much deserves it. I hope that they collect every penny to everyone she owes. Sounds like you did a great job investigating. Kudos to you too!! Let us know if anyone gets their money back.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.