What is the best way to catch a wild bird that has

Home Community Birds What is the best way to catch a wild bird that has

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 17 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Christie

What is the best way to catch a wild bird that has flown into a public building with very high warehouse ceilings? Havin a problem where I work and we want it out..it’s pooping everywhere and we trying chasing it out the door…that doesn’t work.

Elizabeth

My mother’s house used to get "chimney sweeps" every summer — we would wait until they were resting someplace we could reach, then throw a towel or pillowcase over them. Good luck!

linsay

did you catch the bird in the end ?

Christie

No, its still flying around the Petco where I work…this store has very high warehouse type cielings.

Nature

I had one fly into my car one time…..Ha ha! It was very quick to leave!

Susan

Our costco store has birds flying around also. There’s no way you could reach the roof in those wearhouse buildings. I have a thought though, maybe set up a birdfeeder with a net over it. When the bird lands and starts eating drop the net. Or a large bird house with lots of bird sead or berries in it, close the door after he’s in and eating (he may be reluctant to get in but worth a try).

Susan

Or get a long handled butterfly net to catch it while it is eating in a feeder you set up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.