the worst dog ‘registry’ the ACHC..more hybrids!!!

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds the worst dog ‘registry’ the ACHC..more hybrids!!!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  amanda 15 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Christie

Here a little link that I am sure will get most of you hot under the collar..the ACHC!!! American Canine Hybrid Club….how much more bull*** is there out there where these are are bred and sold like they are a purebred? Some of the names for these mixes even sound legitimate!! It’s sick, irresponsible and it’s taking people for a ride!!! Check it out and look at some of the photos…there even a Doberdoodle!!! YUCK!

Sue

and the funny part of this freakin mess is that they are NOT hybrids. Hybrids are from different SPECIES, not 2 dogs that are different breeds.

Christie

I kinda thought you’s enjoy that..I hope other people see that and understand why we have a problem with over population..all of these breeds can be founf in a shelter..I found my German Shorthaired Lab there (LOL) that’s what they are calling a german shorthaired point and lab cross..what idiots

Nila

This is exactly why I would never purchase a canine other than from a reputable breeder w/references. People unfortuantely dont think about things like that and some breeders are only in it for the Money they can get by misleading those who dont check first.

Christie

I completely agree..this is a blight on the dog community…if thiese so called breeeds and breeders didn’t exist we wouldn’t have these problems. There need to be more regulations in place like true in advertiseing!

Sue

one of the problems is that the average JQP doesn’t have a clue what a "reputable" breeder is. I can’t tell you how often I’ve read "I got my 6 week old puppy from a VERY reputable breeder" or I got my cockapoo from a reputable breeder. Unfortunately, most of them never ask questions BEFORE they buy the puppy, but they sure can find these message boards fast AFTER they buy them

Christie

Your preahing to the choir on that one. I am suprised that this didn’t get more posts to it.

Carolyn

These "designer dogs" are nothing more than mutts.

Not that there is ANYTHING WRONG with mutts, I have had many mutts in my life.

This is just another way to make money. If you want a mixed breed "designer dog" go to a shelter, they have many mixed breeds there.

Jan

Dachshund x Yorkshire Terrier = Dorkie
    Classic

Catherine

i love designer dogs i mean there are tons of them in shelters and they don’t cost nearly as much as "breeders" charge. ok i was being a little sarcastic there although i do love my mutts. I can’t stand the whole designer dog fad i checked out that sight and i was floored by all the mixes being bred. I new they were breeding everything to poodles but i just did not realize how much more redicules it had gotten it makes me sad because all this has done is give byb a license to breed whatever the heck they want

Jan

Take a look at the Basset Retriever…this is a real photo…it looks like someone photoshopped a golden retriever head on a basset hound body. Stupid.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Daphne
    Participant

Is that photo honestly real? It looks a bit too much photoshopped for me.

Mikki

Saw some Whetreiver pups this weekend. Wheaten Terrier x Golden Retriever. Very cute, but they were black!!! How does that happen? $600.00 is what they were asking……

Jan

Good grief, we paid $800 apiece for our purebred Shorthairs who came from spectacular lines! No one in their right mind would pay $600 for some "doodlepoo" mix that will end up with God only knows how many inherited health problems!

Alison

I too hate the misnomer "hybrid" in reference to all the cross-breeds.
    I have gotten tired of hearing "I want a female to breed to Jake" among other things. I have started working on a page for my website that addresses diseases associated with labs and the tests available. My links page has links to them all. I go on to explain how the pups are raised here and all of the complications that could happen. I sell most of my puppies on limited registration. About half of the owners did not care at all because the dog was going to be a pet, the others understood that I would lift it if they did all the tests should they decide to breed, so they were fine as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.