WARNING: International Pet Food Recall

Home Community People & Their Pets WARNING: International Pet Food Recall

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 17 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

pam

piggy, that’s the pot calling the kettle black… 😉

Susan

Wolfwitch – SORRY, SORRY for my tone. My post reads the same way as yours. I read where people that are trying to sue aren’t going to get much because the courts still see our pets as "pets/animals" not as "companions/family". It’s so sad. Anyone who lost a pet should save the food if they still have it as evidence, save all documentation from the vet also. No amount of money can replace someones best friend, but it does help to make them have to pay and be more cautious in the future with the food they put out on the shelves.

Nila

Thanks to all of you for your information on the tainted pet food. Since this incident came out I have been delligent on the food that my cats get. And since i just lost my beloved kitty. I am even more careful about the moist food that they get. Even though they mainly eat dry food. So all of your posts are important.
    to me and many others. Peace

Christie

Suer57..no problem…I amrelaying information as soon as I get it. I work at Petco and the petstores, especialyl the major chains are some of the first people to get the new info, and since I usually end up working on the weekends and days I am there when the news hit’s the store…so when I get home I try to tell everyone here about it. I have also been checking the recall site and with my vet as well..which was where I recieved my information from. They did NOT specifiy at the time of my last post whci Hill’s Rx formulas were being recalled, I put that out there as a warning. menu foods did hold a pressconference and somewha expresed some sympathy to owners of the pets who ate the contanimated food..the link is below. The Hill’s website has issued a voluntary recall of the m/d dry food.

Rachel

Thanks for posting that. It is about time we heard something like this from them. It bothers me that it has taken this long. And I STILL feel like there could have been a little more emotion and sensitivity there.

Susan

I’m sure menu foods feels it wasn’t there fault, and maybe it wasn’t. The supplier is the first one responsible for all this, and who knows who else they sold their tainted food to.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.