Animal Cops

Home Community People & Their Pets Animal Cops

This topic contains 98 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Barbara 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Sue

then you report those things to the appropriate agency. A dog is property & you can get arrested for theft. IF you should get the stray again – take it to the shelter or let AC pick it up. Then they will have to prove license & rabies – pay to get it back etc & if it goes there again the fee will probably go up.

Christie

sueb…i talked to the ACO today and he said not to owrry about it..if the "owner" tried to claim the dog again I am to call either the police or him to settle the dispute. I have vet record on her and liscensing and he also said not to owrry b/c i did the right thing by contactnig the HS and taking her in for pics and everything else. As of right now I do not need a kennel permit according to the ACO since I do not fall under the current requiremtns. If you have a link to the PROPOSED changes, please let me know…thank you

Anna

I wouldn’t take it to a shelter unless it’s a 100% no-kill shelter because the owner could be like "oh I don’t want that dog anymore" and it would hurt if the dog never got another home.

Sue

wolfwitch I think I confused you. I was talking to Annamarie about taking a dog she finds to a shelter. sorry. Here is the link to the newest version of the regs. The underlined things are the replacements. Items in brackets are out. http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0445&pn=0512
    here is the original version
    http://www.humaneinpa.org/

Lucy

WHOOPS…Sorry, Rotti, I stand corrected.

Danny
    Participant

With the few fliers that are out there I wouldnt/dont think the Sacrificers/ritualist will be stoping to read telephone poles. Theres to many animal shelters willing to sell to any and everyone. Simple common sence remedy "make the caller identify the animal. DONT IDENTFY THE ANIMAL IN YOUR ADD, NO PIC ON FLIER, MARKINGS ETC. MAKE THE CALLER TELL YOU WHAT ANIMALS IDENTFYING FEATURES ARE IS…

Danny
    Participant

"A dog is property & you can get arrested for theft".
    LOL, THATS A GOOD ONE SUEBGONE. Your right a dog is property but if its wondering the streets its someones property that theyed be willing lots of times to give you a reward for. Jail time? Not! Sad thing is that their property the law doesnt care about when filimar agencys destroy them!

Danny
    Participant

No problem wolfwitch112
    lol

Lucy

First, I’d check with the humane society and the pound to see if the animal has been reported missing. Next, I’d provide them with pictures of the animal, put a "found" ad in our local paper but not give particulars, and put up signs requesting anyone who’s lost a pet to call me. In my case, the animal would have to fit into my current menagerie and not chase or hurt any of my own animals: horse, dogs, cats and chickens. If the animal fit in and there were no replies to the lost info, I’d keep it. Otherwise, I would probably drive three hours to San Francisco and take it to the SFHS, which has great facilities and is a no kill shelter.

Danny
    Participant

SFHS, good info I will remember this…

Anna

I heard of a guy recently who lost his 1 yr old golden lab and he spent over 20’000 to get her back, he put adds in papers offered a huge reward, put it on the news and sure enough he got her back. I thought that was pretty cool, must be nice to spend that kind of money getting your pet back.

Christie

True, but how often does that actually happen? not many of us have that kind of money, but still a happy ending. sueb..I’m looking into the kennel liscensings for the house..I may need one under the new regulations, but I already spoke to the dog warden and he’s helpng me understand the new regs.

Danny
    Participant

Thats my kind of animal lover…only I’d hope to get him or her back a few dollars sooner if you know what i mean…Yea just gotta be careful and let the caller do the identying is all.

Anna

I think this guy wanted to make sure the reward was HUGE so everybody would want to be in on it, I think it was a 10’000 dollar reward.

Danny
    Participant

Wheres this guy live, maybe we should swipe his dog and wait for another reward (kidding)?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.