I’m a new member

Home Community People & Their Pets I’m a new member

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cookienut 20 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cookienut

I would also like to say if you have any questions about your horse’s health or such, I’d be happy to help! 😀

Hey!! Finally more people here!! There has hardly been anyone here for the past week or so! I am Chelsea. I don’t own any horses, but I should be getting one this Spring! I am sooo excited!!! It will be my first horse!! I live in Va, and have been riding for 4 years now. Welcome to the Horse’s Paddock!! P.S. I ride English, but I really want to try out some Western! It sounds like fun!

Cookienut

Just wanted to say hi and tell ya a little about me and my horse. I own a seal brown QH mare. She’s a sweetheart! I’ve been riding reguarly for the past two years in a 4-H club. After this season ended I bought Cookie, the 4-H horse I’ve been riding. We’re both looking foward to spring so we can get back into riding regularly. Cookie is not a very well trained horse. She was ridden very roughly in past years before I joined 4-H. She’s slowly staring to soften up. I ride her western although she has been rode English before. I’m also a member of the horsebowl team which won the state championship here in North Carolina. We are going to state this year as well. We leave Friday, March 5th. Wish us luck!

Cookienut

Awesome! Do you know what breed you’re getting? I would like to try english, but not in the near future. I’m working so hard with Cookie to get her relaxed and responsive I think I save that for later. Well, nice to meet ya!

Thanx!! I look at Equine.com and DreamHorse.com as well as the local magazines. I have seen about 8-10 horses on the internet, but I have to wait untill April 1st until I can get one cause there isn’t any room at the farm now. But I can’t wait!! Thats too long!!!

Cookienut

Cool! QH are great mounts. I’m not to fond of gaited horses either 😉 I think most TB have lameness problems because they were raced while too young. Any horse that is well taken care of should not have any problems (that weren’t preventable at least). You can check out equine.com and search their ads by state. You can also search by breeds and such. Most horse’s have photos. You’re right about not wanting a very young or old horse. Young horse’s may not be well trained and you may get attached to a horse that is in it’s last few years and it die (and leave you totally heartbroken!). I’m sure you know this stuff…but always be aware that not everyone out there is a Monty Roberts. Don’t put it past someone (you don’t know) to dope up a horse in order to make it appear well trained and gentle. Read your horse books and know what the signs of a healthy sound horse is! I’m excited for ya!

Hi! I really want to get a QH. At first I wanted QHs, Paints, Apps, TBs, or anything that was big enough, not too old or young, and didn’t have special gates. But now I really really want a QH. I wouldn’t mind a colored breed, but I have ruled out TBs, cause I have known a few TBs and they have had many lameness problems. I’m looking for one under $2,000 (if you see anything in my area [Va, Maryland, SC]). 😉

Cookienut

Hehe 😀 Getting impateint, huh? Well, that just means you have more time to look and find the perfect horse. I’m sure if you found a horse you were really serious about the owner may keep it for a few months if you pay ’em some. Good luck!

That is true, but at the price I am looking at, not many people want to hold on to their horses! 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.