Poems and verse dedicated to Robbie by Mike

Home Community People & Their Pets Poems and verse dedicated to Robbie by Mike

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 16 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mike

I am a westie who has awoke from my sleep, My master will come and see to my keep, A brush, a cuddle, and it’s off to play, Down to the fields, With the master each day, Then it’s back to the house, Where he cleans my teeth, No sooner done, the master’s asleep, I will look for my toys, That he put away, Because i was a naughty westie yesterday, Now that i’m good, and i know that i should, Give the master a sloppy big kiss, To make ammends for yesterday, And to show him how much he was missed

Mike

The poem you have read was written by me for Robbie. Talking to a friend one day I was asked If I could help by homing a dog. with no further thought I said yes. at the time I didn’t even know what kind of dog. within a day back came my friend plus one dog and YES it was Robbie we have not been apart since that day. no one knows what and how a rescue is going to work but with me and Robbie it was love at first sight. even if poor Robbie was bedraggled and scruffy, that was nothing to me as I washed and cared for Robbie. There is great reward in rescuing. The dogs give back so much more love than you can ever repay them for. It is a joy, we are now inseparable.

Mike

A dog is a faithfull companion, Who lays down by your side, Often looking up at you, With such adoring eyes, For there is no better place In which he would rather be, But for now they are resting, The master and he, The pleasure they bring, The love that they bring, A bond that grows ever near, In modern day times, They relieve the stress, For the master who, He loves very dear.

Mike

While writing this poem with my Westie on my lap, The warm spring sun shines on his back, He is tired after his walk, and soon falls asleep, Here is a moment to treasure and keep, As animal lovers we like to care, For our canine friends out there, Some have no family, and are all alone, Have you tried to give them a home?.

Mike

Treasure every second with your canine friend, As he or she will guard you till the very end, Love them every second. Every minute of the day, Shower them with affection, when they, by you, they lay. They know when you are not well and feeling down, When they snuggle up close to you, Treasure every second, every minute my friend, Your canine companion will protect you till the end

Mike

Some of us like our dogs as pets, Sometimes we use the greyhound for bets, The faithful Labrador guides the blind, The sheepdog is great, when there is work in mind, The pointer who is intelligent and gentle, As for my Westie, he is happy and mental, The golden retriever is friendly and kind, And the King Charles is good, with children in mind, The large St. Bernard, will sniff you out, The Huskies like pulling a sledge about, And to see a mother with her litter, Makes our lives a little richer, A truly wonderful sight to behold, Another story, just waiting to unfold.

Mike

Bathtime with dogs can be such fun I often bath my westie out in the sun, Robbie will give me his paw to hold, He is ever so good, And does as he is told, It’s on with the water, And off with the soap, If Robbie stays still, I’ll manage to cope, The phone starts to ring, Could be my brother, Can’t answer now, I’ll ring back again, If my westie’s not dry, He will only complain, After he is dried, it’s a quick brush down, Robbie has got to look good, If we are off to town, Because my Robbie has been a good boy, When in town, he shall have a new toy, Off we go as proud as can be, For I love Robbie, and Robbie loves me.

Mike

Robbie Animal Rescue Robbie is a westie, Just a babe in arms What wicked ways these westies have, They certainly have their charms He loves to come and kiss you, As to say, come on, let’s go Another day dawns with the same routine, How he loves you so A brush, a romp, a walk, and play, Another beginning to a perfect day, And when the day is over And those eyes begin to close, We’ll do the same tomorrow, Because Robbie is my little rose. Michael Charles Davies Copyright ?2002 Michael Charles Davies

Mike

My Little white westie I have a little white westie, Robbie is his name, He just loves to play hide and seek, Among many other games, Just like Mary who had a lamb, My Robbie follows me where ever I am, Every morning when I awake from my sleep, I watch my Robbie still counting the sheep, Love every minute with your canine friend, Love and care for them, Because they are truly your faithful friend. Mike

Mike

The charge of the White Brigade And adaptation from ?The charge of the light brigade? Lots of west highland terriers, Come on you terriers onwards, All in the valley of death they hunted, Rode the 600 onward. Forward westies of terrier breed, Chase the varmints as we go into the lead, Rode our terriers of 600. Forward terrier friends Was there a westie insight dismaye?d Not tho the terriers knew, No westie terrier had blundered, No terrier to reply, Their?s not to reason why, All in the valley of death they plundered, Rode our westies of 600. Varmits to the right of them, Varmits to the left of them, Varmits in front of them, Onward they plundered, Surrounded by westie breed, Boldly they attacked, Into the burrows of varmints, And onward into the mouth of hell, Rode our famous 600. With teeth a gnashing and a scowling stare, Gnashing and growling, till all in mid air, Holding the varmints, While their masters wonder?d Plunged in with true terrier spirit, Right thro? the line they broke, Westie with westie as if in one stroke, Till the varmints had gone one by one, Shattere?d and plundered one by one, Then only the did the terriers see what they had done, All came back, Not 600 But one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.