Beagle in CT

Home Community Pet Adoption Beagle in CT

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

virginia

HI. we have made the decision that we need to rehome our beagle. He is 3-4 years old and a huge handful. He really needs a beagle loving family to be able to spend alot of time with him and all his ‘bad’ habits that need time and patience to work on. He is a sweet heart. He is not a nippy dog at all, actually very timid and submissive. I am not sure if he got this from being around our Shepard or just was that way when we got him. We noticed it first with our shepard so i think that is it. He is pure breed and his parents were champion beagles. This has been a long and hard decision for us but at this time we feel it is the right one. There is a family out there than can really embrace charlie in the way he needs that we just cant. Please email me if you are in the area and are interested.

Shelly

Were you able to find someone for your beagle?
    We have an 18 month old male beagle and he is a handful also. But we will not give up on him.
    He gets into everything. We have him in obediance class and it seems to help. I am hoping that when he reaches the 2 year mark he will be better.
    Good luck to you.

debora

my beagle ellie was a handful they have so much energy and are inquisitive enough to drive you crazy. have you tried exercising him more, even the liveliest dog needs to wind down after an hour or so off lead walking. throw lots of sticks and balls and really tire him down so when he comes home he’s more interested in his bed than being into everything.
    you can never be sure that rehoming him will have a happy result. at least if he stays with you then you will know he’s loved and you can take lots of advice and training on how to settle your beagle.

Sue

debora, to be clear on what you said – I would hope you meant to say "of lead walking" & not "off lead walking" Just don’t want anyone to get the idea that it is ok to walk a beagle "off" lead.

debora

hi it is ok to let a beagle off lead in enclosed areas, although these may be difficult to find where you are. in london england we have enclesed parks designed for dog walking. i think it must be frustrating for such athletic animals to be restrained on a lead where they can’t have a good flat out run. i know beagles can roam, i would never let her off lead in an open area. sorry wasn’t clear.

Kaila

I offlead my westie poodles, and their very loyal and REALLY won’t run away

Sue

horseluver, you are gambling with your pets lives. It only takes one mistake! Happens all the time.

Kaila

Theres no cars on my "street" at all, i live in a big area where almost nobody lives!

Hollly

That’s what my grandma used to say, and her cocker spaniel got hit by a pickup and was killed. The guy didn’t even stop, and she lived way out in the country where there were maybe three cars that drove past a day.

Taylor

Like the London Poster — we also have an off-leash dog park — I am surprised that there are not more of them in the States. I assumed that they started there….

On a separate note — I have noticed that the Breed information on this site for beagles says that they are low-energy dogs. Clearly they are not — This site should deal with that error.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.