Best Breed

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds Best Breed

This topic contains 735 replies, has 70 voices, and was last updated by  Max 3 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 736 total)
  • Author

ROBIN

I have owned different breeds, including mutts. As someone else said…. each animal has its own personality. My mom lost a westhighland terrier to illness and had to have another, but soon realized that Murphy’s personality was his alone. Her new WHT is nothing like the first!

My personal favorites are: Golden Retrievers, in particular, my Sunny. Our staffy, Kobe, was my favorite pet, but I also love yorkies and mutts!

Mendy

My favorite breed of dog is a Pekingnese. I had one named Gizmo Lee Dragonseed. He was the most awesome and loving dog. He was a very sweet lap dog. He had enough spunk and personality about him not to make him boring though. He would actually entertain me with his antics at time. He was usually very obedient but he had his moments of defiance. He had a bad habit of marking territory even after we got him neutered. For the most part he was the best small breed dog I have ever owned. I miss him very much.

Mike

As for me I am a westie man through and through
    they are funny, very loyal, inquisitive, very strongwilled, loveable, and make great companions.

Daniellle

i say mutts are the best b cos u can mix and match and they r all soo different

Stephanie

Everyone Whippets are the best breed ever!!!
    Handsome, Cute, intelligent etc
    They love to lie by the fire i have to brothers that are now 5 months
    Max and Paddy are their names!!!
    some people are worried about them chasing rabbits which is true BUT if you get some sausages they will come leaping and jumpung back to you!!!
    I am starting going to agility when their older.
    It is great fun for the hole family!!!
    If you want advise on whippets i no somone that has a pup he is a brindle and is cute!!!
    Thank you for reading
    from………….
    APOLLOMAD!!!

Elaine

Hi My favourites are Bearded Collies(Beardies) as they have a wonderful temperament,are v playful and v loving.I also love Border Collies as they are very local,loving and v intelligent.

Lauren

My favorite breed so far is the German Shepherd Dog. But I can’t say "no" to an American Eskimo Dog(Standard) or a Pomeranian.

Jordaen

if u want a huge dog then a bullmastiff or mastiff is best!! if a lap dog is what you like get a daschund or pug… if u want in the middle lab or beagle is probably the best

Elaine

Border Collies are the best v intellegent,loving and loyal.

Rose

I am a newfoundland lover. They are funny,love the water,are great with everyone and everything. A gentle giant.My husband and I own three but would have an entire herd if we could afford them.

Lauren

Who can really pick a favorite – I don’t discriminate, I love all pups equally for their own individual idiosyncracies. Right now I have 3 lil ones – A 12 yr old male Pomeranian who is the most loyal and sensitive dog I’ve ever had, an 11 yr old female doxie who thinks she’s rottie and a 2 yr old male chihuahua that loves nothing more than cuddling and kissing my face; he’s so silly and needy I couldn’t imagine not having him. There’s no one favorite for me – find me a dog and I’ll find a reason to love it!

Kurt

I love all larger dogs and hunting dogs the best of all.

My personal Favorite as for what I do though is the Bloodhound.Thing is everyone see’s them in movies thinking lazy lay around dogs and they are just the opposite..They also think they are lap dogs.But the sound of a hound on his trail is so beautiful.Takes a special person to love this breed as care on them is harder than others as bloat easy skin problems with the wrinkles and must be kept on leash or kenneled as the nose wins over eyes and brains when loose.
    I would not trade mine for anything and have 2 we bought and a kill shelter rescue.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Stacy

Well I hope, my rottie looks like me because she is so beautiful, I can’t resit kissing her whole entire face..I work long hours…and she goes everywhere with me..I always thought my sheltie,,was loyal..but my rottie..rules..Dogs,,of any breed are exactly what you give them..back..even the controversial Rottweilers..

Jordaen

I always like HUGE dogs. Mastiffs, boxers, etc. Most big dogs leave paw prints on our hearts. They are sweet, and protective. They always love you!

Brenda

Dear Jazmiester,
    Rotty’s do rule. I have a Rotty mix and we can’t figure out what he’s mixed with. He is kind, gentle, obedient, loyal, honest, loving, I could go on and on. I also have a female sable German Shepherd who is sweet, but hard headed. I rescued both of them and my shepherd is going through some training now and thankfully she is motivated by food, otherwise I don’t know how I would train her. She tries to run the house. I kiss and hug and love on my two dogs all the time and they give back to me twofold. They especially love going to the park off lead. Love reading all the pet lover’s posts. All breeds are wonderful, I never met a dog I didn’t like, or couldn’t work with. Hope I never do.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 736 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.