Talk about your dog/s

Home Community People & Their Pets Talk about your dog/s

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Philip 18 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Karen

Ahhh, I have many colleagues with ESS and they field trail and do Agility with their dogs. It is a riot when they are in the Agility ring and the judge has to be reminded the Hup means sit so if the judges hears the handler say Hup on the table that the dog is directed to sit! I have four dogs – Ryker – my senior Sheltie – 10 1/2 years, Can Ch., UKC Agility titled (working on his first AKC Ag title), AKC Obedience titled and CGC. Hunter – UKC registered cross about 8 – 10 years old – trained for many things from Agility to drafting but due to dysplasia, never was able to solidly compete with him. He is also CGC’d. D’Argo – Sheltie, 3 years – will do Agility but does not have the speed to be competitive. I may try for a UKC title on him next year if I can get his confidence on the contacts up. Or work towards an AKC Jumper’s title (have to solidify his weaves). His is also CGC and TDI. Seven – Great Pyr – almost 3, starting in Agility. Not the easiest breed to work with for performance work! ::) She is may becomemy son’s Junior Handling dog if he wants to get into it (has shown interest). She is also CGC and TDI. 🙂

Karen- What’s your job? I’m only thirteen (well, I’m turning 13 in october!lol) so my job is to take care of Winnie. tishtash- cool. we’ might get a lab puppy next year (still going to do hunting with it). I really want a black (the shiny black ones though) lab or a yellow lab. Chocolate’s ok, but I like the other colors better.

tishtash

i have a chocolate labrador hes now 6 months his name is buttons after the childrens sweets chocolate buttons ha ha….. i put him in for a photo competition, didnt win, 😛 his picci of that is in the gallery, his other pics are at http://webshots.com/user/tishtash hes also taken part in a family dog show and came fourth prize for best condition, i also take him to puppy classes to help keep us busy hes an angel, i want more. like him….lol

I’ve just decided people should be able to tell about their dogs or tell stories about them or whatever. I have an English Springer Spaniel puppy named Winnie (female). She’s SOOOO cute and yet a devil! lol. Me and my dad are training her to be a hunting dog..and it’s going along great. We’re throwin’ decoys and birds, and she retrieves them. She listens to "hup" (which is sit in hunting commands) and will "stay" really well. She’s only 10 weeks too!

PoloxChick

I have a great dane, he black and his name is chester, he tries to be a lap dog and I have a JRT she’s Potato and a terror!

Shasta

My Shasta is a 8 month old Rottie that I rescued from a HORRIBLE place. It was a puppy breeding hole that abused dogs. >:( I’ve had her for 3 months and she is my entire world. WE train for 2-4 hours a day (she had sever attitude problems) and is becoming a well adjusted, but still a little tempermental, beautiful part of our family. I don’t know what I would do without her. She hates it when I type and sticks her head on the keyboard and gives me puppy eyes if I don’t play with her… ;D ….. Gotta go… she’s trying to learn to type again!!!!!

cookie8091

I love this community!! I have five pets in all. Two cats (evil and more evil) and three dogs. Bear is a pit mix who was rescued from the site of a dog fighting breeder ( he was 10 weeks old). Now he is about to be two. He’s really protective of me and as rotten as they come. Chloe is about to be one and her breed is still up in the air. She is a brindle puppy with a face like a beagle. Cute and sweet but hyper and rather dumb. Abby is the newest addition, she is a border collie, who is very pregnant right now but really calm and sweet. She has obviously been abused and neglected but slowly making a comeback. Every one who meets her asks how much I want for her.

Mike

I have my Westie Robbie he came to me when he was 7 months old as a rescue incidentally i am his 4th dad we are now inseparable, he talks to me all the time, he takes my hand ever so gentle into his mouth and talks to me for ages his tail wagging so i guess he must be telling me something mighty important, he was 5 on Oct 23rd. Go see my web page and links on my posts here

Ayla

I am owned by 2 great dogs 🙂 Josie and Zeke. Josie is a 5 yr old black lab, Zeke is a 1 yr old German Shep. I have a couple pics at http://unavoidable.net/dogs/ http://www.furry-paws.com/index.php?refer=9 (awesome dog sim game :))

rane1020

I am the proud mommy of a Great Dane and a chihuahua. The dane is a boston marked (Black with white) and she is 2 years old. She believes herself to be a lap dog and we are always telling her otherwise. Her name is Cleopatra…she can be so sweet and a real devil at times too. My chihuahua is only 6 months old, he is tan with a black muzzle and white toes. His name is Bane and he is the boss around here. The dane loves him and thinks he is a neat lil toy but he is always putting her in her place! 😛

Aquila

Good Morning everyone!

Aquila

Good Morning everyone!! H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G 2 0 0 4 ! ! ! I used to have a dog, he passed away 10 years ago. Altair was 1/2 Collie & 1/2 Golden Retriever. My sister was friends with the people who had the male Collie & Golden Retriever bitch. Anyway, Altair was the runt of the litter, so I adopted him. He lived til age 14! Unfortunately, where I have been residing for the past 10 years, the rule/law is "No Dogs". But this is where I can afford to live. So I spoil my sister’s dogs (in other states) & my friends dogs. So, can all of you give your dog(s) a huge hug & chest rub for me! Thanks!

yohan

hi everyone! i’m a newbie. it’s nice to hear about your dogs. i’m also a dog lover. i have two dogs, miko & bruno. miko is a mixed breed. he is a fluffly, white bundle of joy and he is 6 yrs old. bruno is a black labrador retriever. he won 2nd place in our local dog show. he is very sweet. bruno is almost 3 years old. i went through a trying experience recently when miko had to undergo surgery. he was operated because of bladder stones. he was confined for several days at the clinic. it was his first time to be away from home so it was very hard on everybody. i could hardly sleep during those nights thinking of miko. we visited him during the day while he was recuperating at the clinic. even bruno felt miko’s absence. he was very sad while miko was away. miko is now home and i’m thankful that he is doing well. he is on prescription diet and some medicines. i’ glad that his condition was detected during its early stage so he had good chances of getting better. he is more active these days and he is eager to play. he will have his checkup next week. everyone in the family is hoping for the best.

I am going to take a turn at bragging about my pets 😉 I have one dog that lives with me at my apartment. Her name is Emmie and she is a 6 year old Bichon. I also have two cats that live with my parents named Askum and Namee. My boyfriend and I adopted a cat named Cisco and he lives with my boyfriend. Cisco is 2, Askum is 5 and Namee is 3. I plan on adopting many more animals in the future. Right now I am schooling to be a vet tech.

Mocha22

Hello all, newbie here, i enjoyed reading all the posts so decided to add my 2 cents..lol I have an 8 month min pin, named Mocha…shes a livley little pup and loves the kitten that we got our daughter for xmas (she thinks its her toy) She loves Agility and took 3rd in her first fun trial ( at age 6 months). she was the youngest one there so i was very proud. its nice to have a place to share and learn about other people who love there pets! oh i almost forgot i have a large black and white cat named Sam..long story short, went to sams club but they were closing and stopped by petsmart to get stuff for my dog Ruff(who passed 1 yr ago) and found 1 little kitten that had not been adopted and was going back to the shelter, of course my husband said no more cats (hes not a fan of them..more dog fan) but i couldnt let this cute little thing go back so i adopted her (husband caved after 1/2 of whinning lol) so we named him Sam, as my husband says, Because if we had gone to sams club we wouldnt have a cat 😉 have a great day all!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.