HELP!! 4 abandon baby kittens, hand raising

Home Community Cats HELP!! 4 abandon baby kittens, hand raising

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kichwa 21 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

camazing

:oMy dad found 4 baby kittens in a hay stack. The owner took the hay for his cows and no way to find the moma cat. I am raising them by hand on cows milk. they are doing good but now I think it is time for them to begin eating. I don’t know how old they are. They have teeth and are trying to bite the nipple. Their eyes are focused now so they must be pretty old. Any sugesstions on how to get them started on food? And do I feed them and nurse them too? Any sugesstions would be helpful. Thanks

Kichwa
    Participant

Hello Camazing, Well, congrats on your kittens!!! LOL It is nice of you to take care of the little guys. If they have teeth, more than likely you can introduce them to dry kitten food moistened with some warm water. They will like that. Mama cats ween at 6 weeks, so these babies are probably ready for solid food. Just a suggestion if you find some more little orphans, cows milk is sometimes too hard for them to digest. Goats milk is best. Good luck and let me know how they get along.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.