post vet behavior

Home Community Cats post vet behavior

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  CynTex 20 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CynTex

Hi….I had a similiar problem with a neutered male a few years ago. Did the vet empty your cats bladder? Has he voided at all since then? A blocked urethra was the problem with mine and it was very serious. Let me know how it turns out.

dlfkitty

??? Okay- I am a newbie so bear with me please. I recently had to take my 4 yr old neutered male in because he was having trouble voiding his bladder. It was an afterhours visit with a strange vet and I can’t call mine until Monday. I am a bit concerned with things so far. Harry was really bad on THursday nite and the vet gave him some sedative and antibiotics. He sent him home to me Friday. Harry hasn’t eaten more than a tablespoon of food and I can’t even measure the water he’s drank but it isn’t much . I called the vet and he said it was normal for Harry to be off his feed for a few days. I don’t like giving him his meds tho if he isn’t able to flush his system.But I have so far. To top things off my younger female cat is now totally aggresive towards Harry. Has anyone ever had a similar experience. Ever had a cat on Valium? I need to hear from others. Thank you

tishtash

im not usre about the condition, but if you feel your not happy then ask for another opinion do not hang out waiting til your normal vet is about.. though usually a cat can be off of his food if he feels unwell. though you should try to wet his lips with your fingers with water on just so he doesnt become de-hydrated,. if like the other post says he could feel blocked inside thats the answer to him not wanting to eat….. the other cat is probably attacking at him because something is wrong. thats a thing all wild animals do they dont want a weak pack/family member.. you should try to keep them slightly seperated for a while. hope you get through to the vet, soon as, hugs x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.