Unknown Urinary problems

Home Community Cats Health Unknown Urinary problems

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  no 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pattisun

For the last 8 weeks my 8yr old female (indoor) cat has been straining to urinate, urinating outside of her litter box & spending excessive amounts of time in the litter box w/little to no return of urine. Otherwise her disposition has been ok. We have been to the vet 5times w/no findings. She has had x-rays, urine collection direct from her bladder, etc., with clear findings. Each time they have given her fluids, her symptoms clear for a 2wk period or so and then they return. Her litter box is constantly kept clean, she eats a diet of pet food from the health food store (wet mixed w/dry), filtered water and there has not been any stress issues, to my knowledge. I am perplexed and $800 dlrs later do not know which direction to take ???

no

Dry cat food is the problem most times . High ash , magnesium content too. Feed only canned and less than 1 percent of ash ( 0percent if you can find it)and magnesium. don’t ever feed fish in any form. Increase drinking . add cranberry in some form or other.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.