Fighting a loosing battle

Home Community Cats Fighting a loosing battle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  tishtash 20 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tishtash

hiya sorry to hear your baby is unwell, but i dont know what the illness felv is? so im unsure how to adivise anything, apart from is the vet giving her any medications and seeing her on a regular basis, the way you say she looks like a pure bred, she coiuld be a cross breed and look more like a true breed and sometimes the breeding can effect behaviuors and ailments in animals….. for a cat to be loosing her balance i would deffo go back to the vet and try and get something sorted, yes i agree she is only a baby made me feel upset when you was saying all this in your post but something are just meant to be like this our lives are mapped out some people/animals have great lives and others dont…… as long as you love her and she knows it try get atleast see if there is something that can be done rather than all of you suffer…….

joy

Please bear with me. I have a need to tell someone my situation. 2 months ago, my boyfriend Alfred and I adopted 2 kittens. They are the cutest most adorable little angels I’ve ever seen. They are sisters, Niki is a green eyed tabby and Nina looks like a pure bread gray point siamese with the prettiest blue eyes. So many people wanted to adopt them but I begged the foster mom to let me have them. They looked like healthy little furballs untill I took them to the vet to get spayed. Their blood was tested prior to the operation and the results came out positive for Felv. A week later Nina started to look pale. I thought maybe it was from the heat or maybe she’s lacking something in her diet. She loves to play and wrestle with her sister so I didn’t think much of it. Untill one day when I came home from work to find out that she has a fever. I took her to the vet as soon as I could. It’s been over 2 weeks now, she still has a fever, her congestion is getting worse and she can hardly breath, she has inflamation in her blue eyes. Today, when I was trying to feed her she tried to hide from me and wouldn’t let me touch her anymore. To make things worse, she’s loosing her sense of balance and she starting to run into furnitures. She wanted to use her litter box today but she couldn’t tell the door was open to the room. I think she’s trying to tell me she’s ready to move on but I keep on trying anyway. I am so angry that I can’t do anything else for her. I don’t want to be cruel to her or make her uncomfortalbe but I’m not ready to let her go. She’s still a baby for God’s sake. To top it all off, her sister Niki looks at Nina with so much sadness, she probably know already and I’m still in denial. My heart is aching so much. I don’t know how to say goodbye to my baby. Thank you for time, Joy

Kichwa
    Participant

Hi Joy, Niki and Nina, I was so saddened to read that your little Nina is not doing well. I loved the pics you sent me of them..they are just adorable. Sweetie, the best thing I can tell you is to remember what we talked about earlier. With Feline Leukemia, some kitties can live out pretty normal lives with meds..while others it is just a horrible battle for them and for their furmom. Your little Nina, albeit so young, sounds so sick and hurting to me. The hardest thing we have to do I really believe is to say goodbye to those we love in this world, animals and people. But, Joy, Nina cannot make that decision. You must make it for her. When you see that she is suffering and the meds are not working, you must help her. I think you know that deep within. Love your little Niki and Nina all you can. They feel your love and they know you want what is best for them. Do the right thing for your Nina. I have been praying for you and for them and will continue to do so. Take care, thinking of you and the kittens and sending you big hugs today. Patsy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.