Dry to soft food

Home Community Cat Food & Feeding Dry to soft food

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kathy 10 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kathy

Hi. I have given my cat Bootsy purina one for sensitive systems for years. He tends to throw up about once a month and it seemed to help. I always gave him hard food, but occasionally I would give him the purina one canned food as a treat. He never liked other solid treats. I noticed that he started to not eat as much of his dry food and started to lose weight. In all, he lost a whole pound. He would beg for his soft food treat though. I was only giving him maybe 2 teaspoons of it as a treat. I would sometimes forget to give it to him and he might only get it every other day. So because he was losing weight I started giving him a little more of the canned food. He goes crazy for the stuff. Cries and cries till I give it to him. I really didn’t want to change him over to soft food because sometimes we go away for the weekend and I can’t just leave the wet food out. I don’t want him to get sick from it. He is very active. Crazy even. Plays and runs all over the house. I’m not sure what to do. If I start giving him soft food all the time, what do I do when we leave town for a few days? We don’t have anyone who can take care of him. Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.