a newbe from arizona

Home Community People & Their Pets a newbe from arizona

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rachelnicholl 19 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

penny

hi everyone. this should be fun. i live in the desert.. a true desert rat. i have a cocker spitz mix black and brindle dog named mickey. we live with a cockatiel. i love all critters. use to live on a farm with all kinds of critters, but now live in town with two. would love to hear about your pet{s]. mickey was a shelter dog before we found each other. til next time, penpaws ;D

Hello Fellow Arizonan! I too am from AZ. and am the proud mother of a two year old Tuxedo cat name Homer and a Two month old Siamese kitten Named Maggie. (If you can’t tell I have a Simpson’s Theme going on Here) It’s nice to meet another pet lover!

Lablady

Hello from the Nevada desert. We use to go to AZ every year and I loved it there. I liked the Tucson area but also some of the small areas around Tombstone. Lot’s of history there. My dogs are both rescue dogs too. My big dog Chance had been thrown out with a burned tail and Parvo. I got him when I lived in VA Beach. It took me from Sept to about Feb to get him in any kind of shape. He was 4 months old and weighed 12lbs. He was nothing but skin and bone. He came thru it pretty good and he turned out to be a beautiful dog. He is big. Lab and Great Dane. He has a white chest and I say he is wearing a Tux! He is 9 now and has had a very bad time with arthritis but he has come thru it and is up and walking and enjoying life, just not as swiftly as he once did. But he is a love and I would do just about anything to make my dogs comfortable. My other dog Midnight developed Diabetes and I give her insulin twice a day and get her glucose checked regularly to keep her insulin at a proper dosage. I am a desert rat too but only since 1998 when we moved here to the east of Las Vegas. I love it except for July and Aug! But it must get even hotter in AZ. How do your pets do in the heat?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.