Swollen and red anus

Home Community Cats Health Swollen and red anus

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cherie 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cherie

My cat boots seems to have a very red and swollen anus (bum hole) I noticed he smelled like poop and i looked and he has some poop stuck to his fur around the anus and He seemed very senitive about the area and wouldn’t let me clean him up. In fact he hissed and scratched me. Which he never does. im wondering if I should be alarmed or just wait a few days and see if he gets better. Thought maybe he ate something that made it tough to pass. the litter box seems to have nothing unual in it.
    Should i call the vet right away?

anna

I would call the vet and ask if you should bring him in, if he’s constipated or irritated at least the vet might be able to give you something to make him more comfortable.

Cherie

Thanks for the imput, I did take him to the vet this morning, and the vet said she never seen anything like it! There going to keep him for awhile and take a closer look. Will keep you posted.
    Im sooooo worried!!!
    Cherie

Cherie

Well, Im thankful to say that my cat Boots is ok. Apparently the problem was with his anal glands and they had to be cleaned out.
    Its a problem usually common with dogs, not cats but in rare cases,
    if the cat is large enough it can happen. Which Boots is. I have to apply ointment and spray everyday for a week so he doesnt lick.
    Hope this helps other people who run into this problem. It must be treated by a vet immediatly.
    Cherie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.