My Bitch Won’t Breed My Stud!?!?!

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds My Bitch Won’t Breed My Stud!?!?!

This topic contains 49 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  anna 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Isaac

I have a 2 1/2 year old bitch and a 1 1/2 year old stud that I purchased with an intent to breed them. I kept them apart every time my bitch went into heat until this time I wanted her to get pregnant. The problem that I have been having is that she has gone into heat and won’t let my stud breed her. Every time he tries to mount her she just sits down or rolls over. However we also have a FIXED male mutt that I just now noticed she keeps trying to get to mount her. She will go up to him and push him around and stick her butt in his face until he mounts her and she will let him but as soon as my stud tries to mount her she just sits down again. What can I do??? Also, I have tried keeping the stud and bitch seperated alone but the just lay around and she shows no interest in breeding until she is around the other male… Will she eventually let my stud breed her?? She was just bleeding 2 days ago…
    Thanks for any help!
    Isaac

anna

I doubt it. Sometimes dogs are like that, she may be trying to breed with your fixed dog because he has less of a hormone smell, weird as that may sound.
    I’d recommend getting them fixed, the earlier you do the healthier it is, if they’re not going to breed no point keeping them unhealthily unfixed!
    Honestly, there are so many dogs int he world being euthanized, I know its wonderful and it really does make a lot of $, but is it worth pushing other dogs out of potential homes that will then end up at shelters?

Isaac

Just giving an update…
    Yesterday shortly after posting the message I took our fixed male over to my mother in laws for a few days so that there would be no interference and she was bred by my stud male last night! I guess for some reason she just saw our fixed male as the dominant male or something which doesn’t make sense due to the fact that he is scared to death of anything including being pet because he was an obvious abused pup that happened to wonder up on our porch one day and my stud male constantly rolls him over and stands over him showing his dominance…. Oh well it all worked out!
    Thanks anyway!
    The enclosed pic is one of my bitch with my stud when he was a puppy!

Click on any picture to see full size:

anna

Superb.
    Let us know how many puppies she has so we know how many dogs we should euthanize at the shelter to make room for them!

Jan

They are beautiful dogs and will make beautiful puppies. I am sure those puppies will be snatched up in a heartbeat.
    Please ignore Ms. Know-It-All PETA Queen. She thinks every breeder in the world should be put out of business and makes nasty remarks to almost everyone on this forum.

Isaac

Thank yougspmom,
    I’m sure they will all be snatched up being we have 6 spoken for already and we don’t even know how many she will have… and as for you meanpea…
    I currently have 8 dogs and 7 cats all of which live indoors and the closest thing they see to a kennel is the 2 acre "kennel" with their own 15’x20′ detached heated garage with their own couch inside and the only time they go in there is when they ask to go outside or we go somewhere we aren’t allowed to bring them with. And TWO dogs of those are unfixed and were bought from a breeder. The rest were all bought from either an animal shelter or was a homeless stray that wandered onto our property.

Isaac

We currently have:
    Buster: English Springer Spaniel/Saint Bernard Cross wandered to our door obviously abused and weighing 45lbs, now currently healthy and weighing 95lbs.
    Mya: Lab/Husky Cross: bought from an animal shelter
    Scruffy: rat terrier mix, bought from an animal shelter with obvious animal abuse problems
    Bell: Pekingese mix given to us when a coworkers father died and the coworker couldn’t take care of it.
    Dutchess: Mini Daschund bought from an animal shelter
    Bear: Pekingese mix given to us by a friend who got a career where they were never home and no longer could take proper care of their dog.
    Ellie: Full bred akc registered English Springer Spaniel we are breeding that I had selected from around the country and drove 700 miles one way to pick up from the breeder.
    Ranger: Again, Full bred akc registered English Springer Spaniel we are breeding that I had selected from around the country and drove 700 miles one way to pick up from the breeder.
    I’m not going to even get into all the cats which ALL came from animal shelters, oh and by the way ALL my animals have up to date vaccines consistant and regular vet check ups and I would never hesitate to pay big bucks to prevent any of them from feeling any pain, but frankly maybe you need to take a closer look at yourself before you judge other people… So what exactly are YOU doing to help abused and other animals in animal shelters?? Besides harrassing pet lovers and pet owners on websites such as this…

anna

So you understand the overpopulation problem (having adopted from shelters) and yet still choose to breed???
    Sad.
    You can’t litter more just because you did a mega beach-clean up the weekend before, one act doesn’t negate another.

Like I said, I’m sure your puppies will be snatched up in a heartbeat. I am sure they will get great homes. And I am sure that just as many dogs will be pushed out the other end so to speak.

anna

p.s. this topic is not about me. But I personally run a 501c3 giving people free vaccines in return for spaying nad neutering their animals as a spay/neuter incentive for low-income pet owners, and much of my free time is spent on fostering, transporting people’s animals to vets that don’t have transportation, and lots of miscellaneous animals rescue and referrals.
    This month I am taking the opportunity to take all the pet-supply donations that the community donates to our org and wrap them up and leave them as anonymous gifts on some of my favorite clients’ doorsteps. That and the constipated bottle-baby kitten I have that needs enemas twice a day my hands are full for December.
    But regardless of any animals I’d rescued or adopted, or if I’d been killing animals with my machetti, neither would add to or negate my current actions, or yours.

Jan

Commendable. Congratulations.
    However, I am the one who said the puppies would be snatched up in a heartbeat, not YOU, so maybe this is all about you and you are simply ignoring us all as individuals.
    What I refuse to ignore here is that while you have your opinion and I have mine, you are coming to a forum where people are asking for advice and shoving yours down everyone’s throat like you have the power of God on your side, and it is entirely uncalled for. And don’t tell me that’s not what you’re doing, because you just told this person "you can’t litter more" as though he HAS to listen.
    I am fully aware of the problems as I am sure many others are on this board. However, you cannot lump everyone into one category and make smart-ass remarks to everyone who wants to perpetuate the lineage of their particular breed of dog. We all have a right to do what we want, and should NOT have to be subjected to the harassment I have seen coming from you on every single subject that mentions breeding.
    Some guy in Minnesota breeds his dog and you have to euthanize six dogs in California. Okay. Except you don’t understand that here in the Midwest we have an abundance of lakes and farms and hunting land and hundreds of people here own hundreds of acres of land and own multiple dogs.
    Since you are SO fond of posting links to support your cause, how about reading MY link about pet UNDERpopulation in MY state – which is right next door to Minnesota – and then tell us what terrible bad people we are?

anna

I never said any of your were bad people. I am trying to make people understand (because many of the people on this forum don’t seem to know about overpopulation, much less anything about breeding, or even when to take their animals to the vet!
    If you have tons of potential adoptive homes in your area, why not start a program to rescue dogs from high-kill shelters in surrounding states!!!
    This is a free forum, if you don’t like the crap I am shoving down people’s throats . . . I don’t know, complain and insult some more.

Jan

The way you complain and insult us for what we are doing? Touche. I will stand on my beliefs but I won’t get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

anna

Ahh . . . clever. Didn’t realize we were using wits.
    However, if you are intent on giving the people on this forum the best chance at advice (from all standpoints) please refrain from posting the exact same copied rant on other topics which I have commented on just because you disagree with my opinions. Its just as rude to the other posters as you accuse me of being.

Jan

If you actually read my posts, you would see that they are not exactly the same word-for-word, so obviously they are not copied and pasted like yours are. Snotty comments to others such as "Superb. Let us know how many she has so we know how many dogs we need to euthanize to make room for them!" isn’t RUDE?? Even the OP you said it to just as much told you that!!!
    I personally don’t want to fight; I have better things to do. I try to get along with people. I just can’t stand to see every single person who comes here looking for breeding advice being scolded like naughty school children.

Manderz

I completly agree with Meanpea. There are tons and tons of dogs being put to sleep in shelters due to breaders. if you were willing to travle 700 miles to go get a dog then dont you think other people looking for a dog would be just as willing. what meanpea said about starting a resque organization is a wonderful idea. i get that your dog is already prego but after this i seriously think you should consider getting your dog fixed. truth be told that there will be six more dogs killed that could have had homes. i am a dog trainer and know very well that ALL dogs have the capability to be trained. so whether the dog is purebred or not should make no difference. seriously you should consider getting your dog fixed. whats done IS done so theres no point for me to say anything about that matter but if you really are a pet lover than you should try to look in to helping dogs not breeding them. the end result is much more rewarding. i know from first hand experience how great it feels to save a dog. you should look into your animal organizations in your area. check google. googles helpful ^___^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.