Bald spots on a guinea pig
Topic Stats: 1526 views, 2 replies and 2 subscribers.
Jan 16th, 2010 15:24
Jan 16th, 2010 19:36
Sounds like a possibility of mites. Do you notice any dry skin on your piggy that has the bald spots? Stress can also cause some hair loss in guineas....any changes to her regular schedule? You can consult a vet if you're not sure what mites would look like but if your pigs are caged together they would likely both need treated. Check out guinealynx.com for some helpful information on mites and other parasites and treatments...
Jan 17th, 2010 10:02
Latest Small Pet Features & Highlights
- 1000 Rats Seeking New Homes in California
- Pets in Education
- Hundreds of Guinea-Pigs Killed In Fire
- Rhode Island's New Small Animal Laws Take Effect
- Common Health Problems of Mongolian Gerbils
- A Guide to Hamster Health
- 3 New Cases of Swine Flu in Ferrets
- Visit The Small Pet Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter