excessive shedding in labrador
Topic Stats: 2207 views, 1 replies and 2 subscribers.
Dec 17th, 2009 15:29
I have a 4 yr old lab that we got last summer from a kennel-she is a wonderful dog and has adapted to life as a pet beautifully--her problem is excessive shedding. We live in Ontario and it is COLD outside so I thought she would have basically stopped but I can brush/ferminator her all day long and it keeps on coming--5 minutes after combing her --her back looks like a pincushion and I can pull handfuls of undercoat out. She is fed Fromms white fish and potatoe and I have started on a zinc supplement I heard helps. I spoke to the breeder and she says all her labs are shedding like crazy also--any ideas as to what is going on? I thought maybe thyroid but she isnt overweight and cold doesnt bother her and the shedding isnt more from her tail area...........
Dec 17th, 2009 21:07
Latest Dog Features & Highlights
- Dog has Started Killing Kittens
- Dog bites our other dog unexpectedly
- Teaching a German Shepherd to Play
- Feeding your dog before hunting?
- Timid Papillon Needs Training
- Dog keeps pooping in the house even after long walks outside
- Dog Depression
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter