weakness in hind quarters
Topic Stats: 1915 views, 5 replies and 4 subscribers.
Aug 30th, 2006 03:31
1 1/2 male chocolate lab chased a deer in the woods. When he came back his hind quarters were very weak and unstable. With 10-15 minutes rest he got back his full function. He never seemed to be in pain. Since that adventure this weakness after running hard has happened two more times. Can anyone give me any clues? Is it a build-up of lactic acid or do you think there is a spinal or hip problems?
Aug 30th, 2006 06:27
It is probably hip displaysia. I would start him on glucosimine, chondroiten, msm daily. Have your vet X-ray his hips so you know what you are dealing with. He is very young to be displastic but it does happen. I would certainly not permit him to do any running or you may not have him very long. Why are you allowing him to run free? More importantly to chase deer? In many states you could be arrested for that.
Aug 30th, 2006 14:09
Latest Dog Features & Highlights
- Dog has Started Killing Kittens
- Dog bites our other dog unexpectedly
- Teaching a German Shepherd to Play
- Feeding your dog before hunting?
- Timid Papillon Needs Training
- Dog keeps pooping in the house even after long walks outside
- Dog Depression
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter