Dog eating hair, grass, and carpet
Topic Stats: 7470 views, 7 replies and 5 subscribers.
Sept 9th, 2009 19:03
Today, my dog started frantically licking up lose pieces of hair, grass, and carpet from off the floor and outside. She then ate and threw up. She is now licking the entire floor trying to get pieces of hair from any crevice on my floor. She seems to be gagging too. Is the normal or should I rush her to the hospital?
Click on any picture to see full size:
Sept 19th, 2009 01:46
Sept 18, 2009, nine days after you post your question, I have a small dog who also started this behavour today. It's very annoying. I have given her milk (which I never do) to see if she can drink, she can. I gave her a little piece of cheese to make sure she could eat, she can. We have two dogs, and the other dog sheds. She is lapping up her hair off the carpet when she can find it. She threw up a couple hair balls. I took her outside and she ate grass like mad. She seems to settle down for a while, and then she starts up again. It's making me nuts!! What's going on!??
April 25th, 2010 16:20
Latest Dog Features & Highlights
- Dog bites our other dog unexpectedly
- Teaching a German Shepherd to Play
- Feeding your dog before hunting?
- Timid Papillon Needs Training
- Dog keeps pooping in the house even after long walks outside
- Dog Depression
- Brining a new dog into a household with a cat
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter