Topic Stats: 6919 views, 2 replies and 2 subscribers.
May 29th, 2009 12:27
Yesterday, I noticed my dog's teeth chattering after he yawned. He's has done this several times since then. He does it for about 10 seconds and then he's fine. It starts with a yawn or as though he's got something stuck in his mouth and then his teeth chatter for a few seconds. What could be the cause of this?
May 29th, 2009 20:01
Unlike chimps, whose yawns and teeth chattering are indications of dominance and aggression, dogs usually yawn because they're nervous. This is sometimes accompanied by teeth chattering, which is believed to help increase the transfer scent to the nasal membranes. I doubt it's anything to worry about, although yawning and teeth chattering sometimes preface or are present during a canine epileptic seizure. Fortunately, this does not sound like the kind of yawn/teeth chattering your dog is experiencing.
May 29th, 2009 20:58
Latest Dog Features & Highlights
- Dog bites our other dog unexpectedly
- Teaching a German Shepherd to Play
- Feeding your dog before hunting?
- Timid Papillon Needs Training
- Dog keeps pooping in the house even after long walks outside
- Dog Depression
- Brining a new dog into a household with a cat
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter