my cat ate chocolate, what should i do?

Topic Stats: 9375 views, 2 replies and 2 subscribers.

Oct 17th, 2007 09:42
California
heidi_christine
Message Me!
Add to Friends
Junior Member
i am so stupid and left chocolate on the counter. my 12 pound cat ate about the size of a hershey kiss amount of milk chocolate and licked my eaten chocolate pudding container. he is acting normal right now, but im really worried. should i take him to the vet?
Post Reply
Oct 17th, 2007 10:51
Georgia
sbond007
Message Me!
Add to Friends
Gold Member
That amount shouldn't have reached toxic levels....just keep an eye on him and put any chocolate waaay out of reach.
   
:)
   
Call your vet if you remain concerned.
Post Reply
Oct 22nd, 2007 21:53
Massachusetts
DonnaandPugsley
Message Me!
Add to Friends
Junior Member
In general, the less sweet the chocolate, the more toxic it could be. In fact, unsweetened baking chocolate contains almost seven times more theobromine as milk chocolate.
   
You should be fine.
Post Reply
Replies are ordered oldest to newest. Order may vary due to time differences. You need to be Registered and Signed In to post a reply to this topic.