Parakeet wierd sleep habits?
Topic Stats: 4986 views, 3 replies and 2 subscribers.
June 17th, 2007 04:28
About 3 days ago my parakeet started sleeping upside down, hanging from the top of her cage like a bat. About the same time I noticed she was having problems flying from one perch to the other. I have moved her to a smaller cage and away from my other parakeets as a precaution. I am not sure of her age as it was given to my mom from a neighbor. My mom gave it to me. Are her new sleeping habits related to possibly a wing sprain? Thanks for any help I can get on this. Oh, yeah, her eating and drinking habits are normal.
Aug 10th, 2007 19:42
Aug 11th, 2007 04:31
Its not unsual for papakeets to sleep upside down. There are many breeds of keets and I know that certain breeds do sleep as you describe, as for his having problems reaching his perches perhaps he is up in age, you might consider a vet visit one that sees birds only, although the visit will be quite expensive. I take my keets to the vet and never leave the office without paying at least $100.00. Adriean
Latest Bird Features & Highlights
- ASPCA Offers Reward For Missing Birds
- Why Is My Parakeet's Foot Turning Purple?
- Study Finds Some Pets Really Can Dance
- Are Maple Branches Safe For Pet Birds?
- Pet Store Offers $2000 Reward For Parrot's Return
- Houston Zoo Welcomes Rare New Arrival
- FAQ: Keeping Zebra Finches Happy & Healthy
- Visit The Bird Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter