Castor Oil harmful?
Topic Stats: 3887 views, 33 replies and 4 subscribers.
Jan 24th, 2007 01:45
My budgie (Chocolate) is going to the vet tomorrow in the afternoon. She seems to be sick. SHe's really poofed up. Something stumped me though. She's chubby. Very chubby. She also eats a lot. This is weird because when budgies are sick they usually lose weight and eat less. She threw twice though. Is she constipated. Should I give her Castor oil? Will this help or should I just hold off now?
Jan 24th, 2007 03:21
I'm not sure actually feeding them any oil would be good. There is an oil that's used for emergencies & it's only cod liver oil (hat I know of), no other & I also don't remember what it's for. If you're concerned about constipation figs, grapes & lettuce will help better, however, if it isn't cinstipation & she ends up with diarreaoh you may cause her to become more ill & have dehydration which may end up being worse too. If you really want to take her in now, I'm sure your vet will accept an emergency.
Jan 24th, 2007 03:23
Latest Bird Features & Highlights
- ASPCA Offers Reward For Missing Birds
- Why Is My Parakeet's Foot Turning Purple?
- Study Finds Some Pets Really Can Dance
- Are Maple Branches Safe For Pet Birds?
- Pet Store Offers $2000 Reward For Parrot's Return
- Houston Zoo Welcomes Rare New Arrival
- FAQ: Keeping Zebra Finches Happy & Healthy
- Visit The Bird Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter