Topic Stats: 1296 views, 0 replies and 1 subscribers.
June 20th, 2009 19:11
One of my parakeet's feet has began to turn a purple color. It seems to be getting darker and he is unable to support himself with it less and less. He was trying to sleep and kept falling off his food dish so i removed perches and placed in a cloth to try to get him to sleep on that so he will be balanced. This foot is causing him to have trouble flying and he is staying puffed up. I am not sure what caused this in his foot. I have tried giving him food that is to help with illness and placing cream on his foot. Any suggestions? I am not sure what is wrong with him or if this is the proper way to handle it. Thank you.
Latest Bird Features & Highlights
- PetSmart: Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories and Many Pet Products
- ASPCA Offers Reward For Missing Birds
- Why Is My Parakeet's Foot Turning Purple?
- Study Finds Some Pets Really Can Dance
- Are Maple Branches Safe For Pet Birds?
- Pet Store Offers $2000 Reward For Parrot's Return
- Houston Zoo Welcomes Rare New Arrival
- Visit The Bird Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter