Old or Sick?
Topic Stats: 1174 views, 2 replies and 3 subscribers.
Nov 29th, 2008 23:24
I have 2 budgies whom I love very much. One is 5 years old and one is 7. Lately, the 7 year old has been looking and acting a lot differently. Her feathers are slightly dull and a bit more ruffled, so they stick up in some places. In addition to that, she seems a lot calmer than she usually is. My very playful and energetic bird now prefers to sit quietly in her cage, perched on a stick (she does play, but just not as much). She also isn't as loud as she usually is. I'm worried that she might be sick because she sometimes shudders when I pick her up, but I also think that she could just be aging. Can anyone help?
Dec 7th, 2008 20:54
My 12-year old cockatiel acted like this last year. Turns out he had a tumor and was dying. He just got more and more mellow, until I could not figure out whether he was sick or not. I finally took him to the vet, where I got the diagnosis. I had him euthanized about a week later. Take your Budgie to the vet. It might be nothing, but it's worth it to know.
May 17th, 2012 01:50
Latest Bird Features & Highlights
- ASPCA Offers Reward For Missing Birds
- Why Is My Parakeet's Foot Turning Purple?
- Study Finds Some Pets Really Can Dance
- Are Maple Branches Safe For Pet Birds?
- Pet Store Offers $2000 Reward For Parrot's Return
- Houston Zoo Welcomes Rare New Arrival
- FAQ: Keeping Zebra Finches Happy & Healthy
- Visit The Bird Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter